Fox News Gunning For Candy Crowley To Be Fired
Rather than admit that their guy, Mitt Romney, didn’t justlose the last debate but specifically blew it on the right wing’s pet witch hunt of Benghazi, Fox has been trying to blame moderator Candy Crowley both as a scapegoat and as a dust cloud of distraction. But this morning, Fox & Friends kicked both the scapegoating and the distraction up a notch by starting a new witch hunt for Crowley’s head.
For those not following the issue, Crowley halted Romney’s rude and disrespectful attack on Obama for supposedly not using the words “act of terror” for 14 days when referring to the attacks on the American consulate at Benghazi. Crowley interrupted to say that Obama had, in fact, used those words. And he did, the very next day. But on Fox News, fact-checking in a debate is bias – when the facts are not in the Republican candidate’s favor, of course. Can there be any doubt that Fox would be cheering Crowley had she done the same thing to Obama?
Now, to up the ante, Fox News contributor Tucker Carlson started calling for Crowley’s firing.
I thought this was the defining moment in the debate… I was stunned. You literally couldn’t have a more destructive moment in a debate. You couldn’t more clearly help one candidate against the other. This is the kind of moment where, you know, people’s careers are destroyed. In a normal world, you couldn’t work in journalism again after doing something like that.
Well, unless she had caught President Obama in a falsehood. In that case, she might have been offered a job at Fox News on the spot. Then she could have joined birther Heather Childers, still playing an objective news host on Fox, even after she sent a tweet asking for “thoughts” as to whether or not the Obama campaign threatened to kill Chelsea Clinton in order to keep Bill and Hillary Clinton from spilling the beans about then-candidate Barack Obama’s birth certificate. Or birther and bigot Lou Dobbs, now at Fox Business but a regular on the News Channel.
Speaking of Dobbs, Carlson was on Dobbs’ show last night where he compared Crowley to John Wilkes Booth. Now THAT’S journalism, Fox style.
By all means, Fox, preach journalistic ethics.
- dollhousemassacre reblogged this from weare-legion
- mandymighty reblogged this from reallyfoxnews
- princess-stabbity likes this
- national-pornographic reblogged this from reagan-was-a-horrible-president
- kingunderthemountain likes this
- hemingwayslemonade likes this
- chimericalvagary reblogged this from prettylittlepasha
- awalt2069 reblogged this from reagan-was-a-horrible-president
- monxamixamour reblogged this from historyintheworks
- itsasecrettoever likes this
- misfitsinspace reblogged this from alexandraerin
- batbrobeyond likes this
- risquemarionette reblogged this from drtanner
- sliverdemon reblogged this from oldmanyellsatcloud
- eclecticismatitsworst reblogged this from hairtrending
- tyrant-of-tea reblogged this from jethroq
- drtanner-sfw reblogged this from catbountry
- drtanner reblogged this from catbountry
- drtanner likes this
- protomlad likes this
- fractalrevenge reblogged this from proletarianinstinct and added:
- jodielandon reblogged this from darkjez
- pearlfectchassi reblogged this from hairtrending and added:
- zombiemcqueen reblogged this from oldmanyellsatcloud
- phatgirlslim88 reblogged this from hairtrending
- hairtrending reblogged this from darkjez
- hairtrending likes this
- cuteosphere likes this
- katrilli reblogged this from catbountry
- ihavevividreams likes this
- skystreak95 likes this
- uncle-oli likes this
- crogamer002 reblogged this from weare-legion
- crogamer002 likes this
- criteriamor likes this
- birdfingers likes this
- nocturnalphantasmagoria reblogged this from darkjez
- notsodarling- likes this
- chainsawgood reblogged this from bookofholsety
- minjung reblogged this from reallyfoxnews
- thepaperhatpeople reblogged this from dirkpee
- ilubcurry reblogged this from moincagruh
- justsocolorful likes this
- thirstrani reblogged this from robyewest
- psuedofolio likes this
- robyewest reblogged this from darkjez
- the-uncensored-she likes this
- darkjez reblogged this from proletarianinstinct
- whinehouse likes this